Happy #MeatlessMonday! Who’s ready to kick off the week with healthy and delicious plant-based food?
If you’re new to meatless eating and concerned about getting enough protein, the first thing I will say is that you probably shouldn’t be! Most Americans actually consume 1½ more protein than is necessary on a daily basis. Plus, protein is abundant in plant foods! If you eat a wide variety of them, you will likely meet your protein needs, which are different for everyone.
But if you need some extra assurance or are simply looking for a new plant-based protein to try cooking with today, I’d like to introduce you to the delicious dozen:
If you’re not sure what to eat today, try using plant-based proteins from the delicious dozen as building blocks for your meatless meals.
Here are some sample Meatless Monday Menus to help you brainstorm!
Sample Menu #1
- Breakfast: Mushroom Tofu Scramble (Meatless Monday)
- Lunch: Curried Red Quinoa and Peach Salad (Meatless Monday)
- Snack: Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- Dinner: Coconut Curry Golden Lentils (Minimalist Baker) with Wild Rice
Sample Menu #2
- Breakfast: Green Protein Power Smoothie with Spinach (I Love Vegan)
- Lunch: 30-Minute Black Beans and Rice (My Darling Vegan)
- Snack: Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas (Joy Food Sunshine)
- Dinner: Cashew Alfredo Sauce (The Vegan 8) with Whole Wheat Pasta